We are GMP compliant and CALA Accredited to ISO 17025:2017 standards for the parameters listed in our scope of accreditation here.
CARO provides complete regulatory compliance testing for Health Canada’s Cannabis Act– With our data you can be sure that your product is ready to release and distribute to the market. Our full-service Cannabis laboratory in Burnaby BC offers the following testing in Flower, Oil, Concentrates, Distillates & Edibles:
The Cannabis Regulatory Package – Become fully compliant for the requirements set by Health Canada.
- Potency Profile – THC, THCA, CBD, CBN, CBDA statistics
- Aflatoxins and Ochratoxins – Two forms of mycotoxins
- Pesticides – All 96 pesticides listed by Health Canada
- Heavy Metals – Arsenic, Cadmium, Mercury, and Lead
- Foreign Matter – Determine either the absence of pests or evidence of spoilage in your
- Microbiology – Total yeast and mold count, total aerobic count, Bile-tolerant Gramnegative, E. Coli, Salmonella app.
In addition to the full Health Canada suite, CARO also offers additional testing services designed to enhance your understanding of your product:
- Additional Microbiological parameters: S. aureus, P. aeruginosa.
- Terpenes: although not regulated, these oils give Cannabis its variety of aromatic and flavor
profiles. Terpene analysis is crucial for differentiating between strains of cannabis, as terpenes
have a major influence on the medical and psychological effects of a plant.
- Loss on Drying: this test is exactly what it sounds like: the amount of moisture in your sample.
- Full cannabinoid profiling includes 16 of the most common cannabinoids
- Residual Solvents: a residual solvent analysis is important for any highly-concentrated forms of
cannabis. When butters, oils, wax, and shatters are created, solvents are used to extract the
cannabinoids from the physical plant matter. This test detects trace-level chemical residues
that may remain after the production of these extracts.
Ready to send us a sample? Find our FAQs and submission documents here.
Are you interested to know more about CARO’s cannabis testing capabilities or receive a quote? Please contact us today.